For the Children

Home Forums Talking Shit. For the Children

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  moongriffin 2 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

moongriffin

My friend has graced me with the pleasure of visiting her 120 fourth and fifth grade students tomorrow morning as guest of honor at an assembly to help educate them about music from all over the US as it relates to history and geography they’ve been studying in school. We will travel through time and across the country as I play them everything from Robert Johnson and Louis Armstrong to James Brown and Jim Hendrix. We will lead up to hip hop and Portland artist Yafe Aros will join me in a surprise performance where we will showcase his exceptional freestyle skills on the mic while I accompany him with my beats. Our goal is to leave their minds blown and hungry for more music from the past. Cartilage Osseux Records will bring a crate of top shelf vintage vinyl to feed their ears. The needle might start skipping once the young ones start dancin!

Most public schools do not have any kind of music programs anymore. These experiences are very important to young minds and we must nurture our future generations of artists!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.